Welcome back and thanks for staying with me with this pattern/make. The Jane Dress was easily assembled despite the Intermediate rating. Was that because we sew more I wonder? Anyhoo, it was relatively easy to sew together. I made a few discoveries along the way.
First, the bottom panels of the dress (front and back) were supposed to be added to the paper pattern and then laid on the fabric. I cut the pieces separately before reading the fine print. As it happens, I love the separate panels and top stitched the connects to define it more.
Second, The godet was simple enough although the tip to reinforce the edges before sewing into garment was one I thought I didn't need....rookie mistake, coulda shoulda woulda! Next time I will do that.
Third, using the pattern guide I came up as a size large but I could have managed a size small and still been able to pop it over my head. No big deal though, I just added one long dart down the middle of the back and a smaller dart either side of the middle dart.
Love the pocket, who doesn't love pockets. The sleeves were easy peasy and they fit like a glove.
I used our Maud European linen which is, as we all know, a dream to sew. I'm going to make another of course, just deciding which fabric to use next. I'm thinking one of our Irish Linens' or maybe an Ikat Cotton. The Jane Dress is a perfect summer dress and quickly becoming a fav.
Happy Sewing, Mary